2Timothy 4 vs. 3-4, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap for themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
Revelation 13: 11,” And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.”
In these perilous times, many will come, proclaiming that Jesus Christ is the Lord (Matthew 24:5) There’s no problem with that. The problem is, of which spirit-content are they speaking? What spirit ministers through them?
The bible called it the beast. It can be a pastor, prophet, teacher, evangelist or an apostle. But he is a beast. Appearing before men as an angel of light because of its lamb-like horn. But within is deception. Looking at the horn of a lamb, you will see a good shepherd, gentle and peaceful. But what drives him is the anti-christ spirit, the content of a dragon. They manifest themselves in the type of doctrine they preach. Their messages are satanic and their activities are occult. That is why Jesus Christ said that by their fruits, you shall know them (Matthew 7:15-20)
While thinking you are serving God under them, you don’t know that they are forcing you tactically, to bring worship to the devil (Revelation 13: 12-15)
They present themselves as angels of light(2Corinthians 11:14)
Jesus Christ called them wolves in sheep clothing (Matthew 7:15)
How do you recognize them because their activities are similar and hardly differentiated from the genuine men of God?
Jesus Christ desires that we should know them. He desires that we should not be deceived.
That is why He gave us the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit in turn gives us GIFTS that will help us actualize God’s purpose on earth.
There are many GIFTS that the Holy Spirit gives (1Corinthians 12:1-11) But the least GIFTS a believer should have, even if he feels he has none, are the gifts of DISCERNMENT AND WISDOM.
1. The gift of discernment will help you to know which snake is the staff of Moses in the midst of the snakes of pharaoh. If you pick the wrong snake, it will bite you to death. If you receive the wrong message, it will lead you to hell (Prov. 14:12) Moses threw his staff, pharaoh’s sorcerers threw their own. All turned to snake. It takes the spirit of discernment to know the genuine among them otherwise, you will pick poison (Exodus 7:8-13) The genuine will always consume the fake. Moses’ snake swallowed pharaoh’s snakes. They will perform all manner of miracles similar to the ones performed by genuine ministers. If the devil does not fake the original, how will he make his own disciples? (Revelation 13:12-15)
2. It was through the spirit of discernment that Paul was able to know that the woman that was encouraging people to listen to them was speaking through a demon ( Acts 16-17-18 ) Yet, she was telling the truth but through a demon. She was indirectly preaching the gospel but through a dragonian spirit. They will preach the gospel but their manifestation is directly the opposite of their messages.
3. My sheep know my voice and listen. Jesus Christ is saying that the spirit of discernment will help us to recognize His voice or message in the mouth of the bearer (John 10:27-28) He desires that we should be able to know His voice in any person that claims to be speaking for him. He knocks in the midst of the polluted gospels flying around and expects us to be able to hear His voice (Revelation 3:20)
4. John said, test all spirits. Don’t just accept any message of salvation from any individual. Test the spirit behind the message he is conveying to you (1John 4:1)
5. WISDOM will help you to pull yourself out and be an eye opener to others. The bible says, “Come out from among them and be ye separate…” (2Corinthians 6:17)
Pray! For the spirit of discernment and wisdom. A genuine man of God is not known by the workings of miracles, signs and wonders (Matthew 7:22-23) But by the revelation of Jesus Christ because when Jesus is lifted up, He will draw men to Himself. Even bar Jesus was performing miracles until he met the apostles (Acts 13:1-12)
May the Holy Spirit give us the grace to activate within us the gifts of discernment and wisdom that we may be able to run this race and finish well in Jesus Christ name, AMEN.
God bless you.